Mark Cuban is one of Americas most iconic entrepreneurs. He is a famous investor, television personality, and owner of the Dallas Mavericks, Landmark Theatres, and Magnolia Pictures. Many entrepreneurs look to Mark Cuban for advice and guidance on starting and running a successful business.
Fast and Easy Funds chose the top 5 most important rules for startups we think will help you with your very own business:
- Do not start a business unless you are completely invested in it. If your heart is not in it, do not waste your time. If you have an exit strategy, your heart is not in it.
- Be intentional with your hiring. Your team should be diverse in backgrounds and perspective, but should also agree on the core values of your company.
- Keep your office open. Cramping employees into cubicles and shutting everyone off from each other hinders morale and productivity. According to Cuban, “Open offices keep everyone in tune with what is going on and keeps the energy up.”
- Sales cure all. Cuban says regardless of a company’s issues, if they can generate sales they will be successful.
- Make the job fun for your employees. Investing time and energy in your work is important, but one of the top rules for startups is to monitor the stress and accomplishments of your employees. If stress levels are too high, modify their work. If the accomplishments are consistent, reward them.
As Cuban says, “It comes down to finding something you love to do and then just trying to be great at it.”